Wednesday, April 11, 2007

WHY!?!?!?!?

Three stinkin' days before my wedding, and I can't talk... I am so aggravated!!! My throat hurts, and I've been coughing my head off. I know its not an infection (yet) so I'm trying really hard to use natural remedies to kick this. (Vitamin C, Echinacea, and such). And lots of prayer. Lord, I don't want to be sick on my wedding day- please take this away... And G was very sweet this morning and brought me a new "Reeses Peanut Butter Cappuchino" from the convenience store. It is soooo good! I am not one who likes coffee, but this tastes great just like a peanut butter cup- and the warmth is soothing my throat wonderfully. Thank you G ;-)
I went and tried on my dress last night. My mom did an awesome job on it!!! It is wonderful and I feel like Cinderella! Just a few minor adjustments, and it'll be all done! The only problem is I'm gonna have to go barefoot for the ceremony, my shoes make my dress too short. But I don't mind going shoeless- I'll be a lot more comfortable that way anyways!!!
Only THREE more days!!!

6 comments:

Sally said...

Ok, I hate to break this to ya, but I don't think the pnut butter cap thing is going to do your throat ANY good! Dairy and sore throats don't mix, girlie! You should be guzzling HOT herbal tea...even if you don't like it...listen to your bridesmaid...go make some tea...NOW!

G&K said...

It tasted good!!. And was warm!!! :-) I'll try the tea- just have to decide what kind- my boss left about 6 different kinds in my drawer... :-)

Sally said...

Ok, I just checked weather.com...and now it says sunny and 63 on Saturday...is it possible??? Please, please, please!

G&K said...

I hope so too!!! My office is colder than outside- so I have froze all week at work. Right now I have on a T-shirt, a sweatshirt and my lined jacket. And I still feel cold. That's April for you though!!! :-)

LaughingLaura said...

Here's what I do when I'm fighting a cold...

1) Drink HOT tea with HONEY - honey soothes your throat.

2) Airbourne AND Alkaseltzer Cold... Though I wouldn't take any Alkaseltzer after Thursday because it dries you out...

3) Wear a hat, even at work if you can get away with it.

4) Sleep with your head all the way under the covers so that you're only breathing warm air.

In other news... Is there a back way to take down to PUB in the event that I-25 is closed Friday morning?

Sally said...

Um, I think you are going to have to postpone the wedding...until June at least...maybe SPRING will be here by then.

In all seriousness, I really don't know what we're going to do if the weather is as bad as they say tomorrow...I DO NOT think we should be driving in it.