Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Goin' to the Chapel...

...And we're gonna get married!!! I can't believe it is only four days away now!!! I get to go try on my dress tonight, my mom made it for me. I am so thankful for her, she has been through a lot, and yet still insisted on making my dress for me. Thanks Mom! :-)


This Saturday, I am marrying the man of my dreams (and prayers- God has blessed me so much by bringing G into my life) I can't wait!!! We are keeping the whole day pretty casual, no tuxes, the attendants are wearing Khaki- the flower girls are wearing denim capris, t-shirts and flip-flops! I'm even wearing Sketchers sandals under my wedding gown :-) We aren't having a wedding cake, we are having cupcakes! (G and I spent an evening baking 394 of them a few weeks ago- they're in my parents freezer til Friday) And our dinner is going to be grilled outside right before we eat. Nothing fancy at all- just good times and company to celebrate with! I am glad because I am much more relaxed over my wedding than I was over my brother's. I knew I didn't want all that stress again, and while there were moments, overall the whole process has been pretty laid-back.


Friday is the only jinx in the whole deal. It's Friday the 13th. I am usually not superstitious about that, but I have been dreading this one for a while now. I pray nothing drastic happens. Especially since most of our wedding party will be traveling that day :-0


God please be with them all- get them safely to town so we can all have a good time and celebrate together.


And then Sunday, my husband and I will get on a plane for our honeymoon. "To where?" you might ask? I don't know!!! All I know is that we are getting on a plane, and I am to pack shoes that I can walk in (the rest of my wardrobe is pretty much the same all year round -except for adding sweaters and sweatshirts in winter- so its easy enough for him to not tell me anything else) I have a guess about where we are going, but really won't mind where we end up- we'll be together for 6 days with no work, no alarm clocks- just us alone together, that's all that matters! :-)


Now if I could just kick this cold I caught over the weekend (moving into our house in freezing temperatures and snow) I'll be set.


Only FOUR more days!! YEA!!! :-)

5 comments:

Sally said...

Can you pray for NO SNOW on Friday also?? And for 70 degree temps...or is that pushing it a little?

You sound pretty relaxed so far...keep it up! See you Friday!

G&K said...

I think that may be pushing it just a bit :-) If everyone gets here safe and sound I will be thankful. And 58 degrees is really not that bad... Either way you'd better show up!!! I'm counting on you- bridesmaid!!! :-)

LaughingLaura said...

*chants* I know where you're go-ing... I know where you're go-ing...

When I checked the forecast this afternoon things didn't look so bad. Be glad you're in PUB and not DEN where they're calling for 6-10" of the white stuff. I'm *so* glad you guys decided against an outdoor wedding! :-D

Terri said...

this is a supremely exciting time for you; I followed a link from Sally. My mom also made my wedding dress and it was the thing I'm proudest about from that day (and the fact that 15 years later I'm still with the same man!). I hope the best for you Sat. and I hope you beat this cold! Enjoy the honeymoon! And I can't wait to hear all about it (well, not all about it but you know what I mean).

G&K said...

Terri- Thanks for stopping by :-) I'm sure I'll have lots to tell about after we get back. I still don't know where we are going either. I won't no til we board the plane! I am excited though!!! Family doesn't know either. They all have to wait til we get back too!!! :-)