Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mini Pamper Session

I got to finish my book yesterday, I spent my whole lunch hour reading, and finished the last 40 pages at home last night. And then I got to use my new Pedicure foot spa last night. I LOVE it! It made my feel so good! Not as good as a professional pedicure, but maybe a mini papmer session. It was still nice though. I relaxed a little last night, even with more house/bank issues. Now the bank didn't get something from G's landlord, so G had to drop everything he was doing at work to go track it down himself, which he did- but just the thought of all the extra work he has had to do, I appreciate it and know its been stressful for him. I talked to God for a long while last night after realizing my worrying about ithas not been good, and told Him that I'm going to try very hard to leave the house details in His hands. He won't let us go homeless, and He will have a plan that is best for us, even if its not the plan we had in mind.
And now some exciting news! My mom has finished her radiation treatments and is Cancer FREE!!! I am so proud of my mom- she has accomplished so much in the last few weeks. Not only did she stand up to the big bad "C" word, she passed her CT-Scan registry test, and she's making my wedding dress, but she has given me a new perspective on silent strength. She went right on working and studying and sewing, and never once complained or asked "Why me?" she just kept plugging along, and I pray she is closer to God now than ever, I know she said she laid on that table and talked to Him every morning, since she knew He could hear her above the noise of the machines. I know I am closer to Him because of her. It was hard to "let go and let God", I am so close to my mom, and to not be by her side through all of this was tough. But I knew God would take care of her, and He did! He has been so good to us.
Well now down to business- its time for me to get to work. Only a few more days til I get a whole week off!! :-)

No comments: