Thursday, July 12, 2007

Random Acts- revisited...

Back in May, my SIL, Sally, told about a random act someone did for her. She talked about paying it forward, which I always try to do with my time, but maybe not so much with my money. Last night at dinner, the opportunity arose to pay it forward and I took it! A local favorite restaurant has recently been "refurbished". The interior has been cleaned up, menus improved upon, including several new selections. On the back of the menu in the desert section was my golden opportunity!!! It actually provided a "pay it forward" desert!!! It was called the "Calorie Free Brownie" and read something like this: Calorie Free, fat free, guilt free desert! Just order our brownie pie and we will deliver it to the table next to you and you can watch them eat it!!!" So, to the shock of my waitress I ordered it!!! But I told her to wait until I was gone and just give it to some couple there just finishing their meal. When she came back with my to go containers she asked, "Are you sure you want that brownie too?" I told her yes- and then I left!!! I hope that couple enjoyed their brownie, and I think I'll probably be ordering a Calorie Free brownie every time we go there! :-) It does make you feel good to do something anonymously without expecting anything in return!!!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Ooh, I love it! That's the coolest idea...I wonder how many people besides you have done that...you'll have to ask next time you go there.

LaughingLaura said...

How fun! Back when I was in college, I had to use the laundromat, and so many people would leave their clothes in the washers and dryers for quite a while while they went to do other things... This was really annoying for us folks who were trying to do laundry, but I didn't agree with what most poole would do - empty the dryer and throw the clothes onto the nearest folding table. When I had to empty a dryer, I would fold the clothes and leave them in a neat stack. It was fun to watch people come back for their clothes and to see the surprise on their faces when they found their clothes folded. I was even able to convince a couple friends to do the same thing, and they found it to be so rewarding. :-D