Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Jonah

This is my (our) dog, Jonah. He is a purebred Pit Bull. He is a wonderful dog, gentle and kind and cowardly. :-) He is the antithesis of what the news/media portrays all pit bulls to be like. My 2 1/2 year old neice loves Jonah and loves to feed him "cookies". I say cowardly because when we took him to the vet on Saurday, he even cowered at the puppy that walked by him, and anytime a person would walk by, he would shrink down and try to hide behind me or G. He also jumps every time his water bottle bubbles up!!! :-) We finally got to bring Jonah home this past Sunday to our house, and he is now settling in to his new home.

My dad (and mom) built us his dog house, and I painted it. At first the paint (from a mis-mixed disount table) was pink, but it dried darker, thankfully.
I am excited to have him again, he is well trained and just needs a little refresher work. I couldn't work with him much over the last year or so because I couldn't handle him after having abdominal surgery. But now I can handle him- all 95 pounds of him! He won't weigh that much long though. We have a bigger yard and will be able to play with him and walk him now.
We took him on his first constitutional last night, and we were already getting requests to breed him! I had to laugh- he's neutered!!! :-)

No comments: