Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Coupons

Sometimes coupons are a pain-in-the-butt. But I got a great deal with some the other day. I went to the grocery store at lunchtime, and got an individual cup of rice pudding from the deli. When I checked out, the clerk told me there was a coupon on the back of the label, so he pulled it off for me to use right then. Well, then the computer generated coupons that are spit out with your receipt gave me a coupon for next time I buy two of the same kind of pudding cups. Now, normally I don't like minimun quantity coupons, but two single serve cups is no big deal. So I went back the next day armed with my coupon. To my surprise, not only did I find out that they were on sale, but the clerk took off the label coupons and applied toward my bill as well. So here's the breakdown of my pudding purchase:
2 individual pudding cups (normally .99 each) on sale for .79 each is 1.58 for the two cups. The label coupons were each .35 off, which the store doubles, so I got .70 off with each coupon. And then the quantity coupon that I had received the day before was for $1.00 off.
So the tally is
cost: $1.58 cost
minus: $2.40 in coupons
equals:-$.082- so basically the store paid me 82 cents to put the pudding in my cart!
Sometimes coupons do pay off... :-)

1 comment:

LaughingLaura said...

NICE! I love stuff like that! :-D