Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Cancer

Cancer is such a scary word. My mom had to have a lumpectomy yesterday for the starting of Breast Cancer. The doctor is very optimistic that they caught it very early, the only way we caught it so early was through her yearly mamogram. None of the doctors she has seen since the diagnosis have been able to feel it in her breast- they just saw it on the films. They are pretty sure they got all the cancer out between the biopsy and the surgery yesterday, but as a precaution, she is going to have to have 5 1/2 weeks of radiation starting sometime in January. I pray it doesn't totally wipe her out- she is still going to work, and still wants to help me with making my wedding dress. (I am getting married April 14,2007) The Lord is good- He'll work it out.

No comments: