Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tornadoes

I just crawled out of my cellar, where I sat with my husband and the insurance broker who was at our house for the last 45 minutes because we were under a tornado warning! It ws so strange, because we have a weather siren in our town that goes off every night at 7:00p, but tonight it was going off at 9! And it went off for three whole minutes, which means a warning has been issued. And here we are looking online and on the television for infomation- and there was absolutely nothing posted!!! It took 3 more minutes after the siren went off for the television and internet to catch up. My friend from work called and asked if we were in our cellar, I said "Not yet" and she said, "get going- the tornado just touched down 8 miles away- and its heading our way!!!"
And last night we sat at Wal-Mart while it hailed so much and so hard that we couldn't talkto each other in the store. And got home just in time to get drenched when round two started. We have a huge tree branch in our driveway that the power company had to come take down off the power lines. (I took pictures- will post later)
Summer is officially here!!! :-)
And so, I just spent 45 minutes in my cellar, but that is okay. Better to be safe than sorry. And luckily the tornado did not get close, and so far have heard of no damage or anything. We thank GOD for His protection.
We had to smile as the broker from Denver left, he is still freaked out and in shock. I have the feeling he'll be talking about his "near death experience" for a while... :-)

2 comments:

Sally said...

Hmm, I haven't had to hide out in my basement yet... =)

G&K said...

Well- this is unusual for here too- but there were even Tornadoes that touched down around COlorado Springs yesterday. So- not a normal day. And you'd better knock on some wood- because it is a whole lot more likely for you to be camped out in your basement than for me to be again!!! :-)