Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Homeowners!!!


We just got word the seller accepted our counteroffer for the house we have been looking at! As of today we are under contract for our first house! Check it out- not bad for a first home, completely redone inside, new kitchen appliances, new windows, new carpet and flooring, new bathroom. Ready for us to move in! Now just have to wait for financing. We have to wait til March 20th when the down-payment assistance for first-time homebuyers funds become available. But that's okay, and we'll be able to move most of our stuff all at the same time. I'll just have to keep a few things at my apartment til the wedding! Not a bad Valentine's Day present. The long stem red roses delivered to my office were a wonderful surprise this morning though! Thank you G for everything.

5 comments:

Sally said...

It's so cute!!! I can't wait to see it! Let's kick G out at the wedding and girls only can stay there the night before!!

G&K said...

We'll have to do that Thursday night, since I have to move the last of my stuff out so I can hand over the apartment key Friday morning. Plus I was planning on staying in Pueblo the on Friday night, will probably need the extra hour Sat. morning! :-)

Sally said...

So, how long will your drive to work be now?

G&K said...

Its 12 miles from the house to my work- about another five to G's work. We will probably just take one car most days,G can drop me off and I can walk most everwhere I would need to go in town like the post office. If G is going to have a late night or I need to go to Wal-Mart on my lunch, then I'll drive in myself on those days.

LaughingLaura said...

Congrats! I like it :-D